- Gain an understanding of and consensus on key business objectives, business risks, business and technical opportunities, organizational impacts, and informational and technology needs across the organization.
- Learn how well these objectives and requirements are currently being met.
- Assess the organization's current information management maturity for the functional components of EIM.
- Determine the feasibility of an EIM program by reviewing the current information environment.
- Define a high-level architectural vision for EIM.
- Develop recommendations for the logical progression of phased implementation steps that will enable the organization to realize this future vision.
- Define the technology and processes required to meet the EIM implementation goals.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Dig Deeper on Business intelligence best practices
Related Q&A from Michael Jennings
Get expert insight on whether there likely will be any strategic shifts during 2011 in how companies use enterprise information management technology.continue reading
Learn about four common mistakes that companies make when creating an enterprise information management strategy and starting an EIM program.continue reading
Get expert advice on launching an enterprise information management program and creating an EIM strategy.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.