In many companies, big data technologies have moved to the top of the business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing agenda. But tools such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases are new to many IT managers, and dealing with the unstructured and semi-structured data that those technologies are designed to store is also uncharted waters for lots of organizations. This e-book will provide insight and advice on using big data to generate business value and competitive advantages, with chapters on big data analytics, big data management, data integration issues, and deploying and managing Hadoop systems.
Chapters Available For Free Access
Organizations increasingly collect Web server logs, social media data, information from sensors and other forms of unstructured data -- and then ...
Big data environments bring a mix of new technologies into organizations, including Hadoop, MapReduce, NoSQL databases and associated tools. And ...
In this chapter of our e-book on managing and using pools of big data, readers will benefit from expert tips on integrating data in Hadoop systems ...
Technological buzz, like that surrounding Hadoop, can easily blur the lines between software benefits and drawbacks. Hadoop clusters make it easier ...
Tips and Tutorials
- Utility department runs customer behavior analytics to keep power flowing
- Sounders coach shows way ahead for analytics in sports
- Hadoop 2, YARN set to shake up data management and analytics
- Weather analytics project taps big data to optimize farm irrigation
- Sensors offer big data users an operational analytics edge
- News recap: Apache Spark's big week and organizing BI
- Teradata is latest in string of analytics vendors eyeing R
- BI and analytics tools top list of planned 2014 software initiatives
- Enterprises take a long view on big data programs and purchases
- Magic Quadrants focus on data discovery tools in this news recap
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Many vendors are pitching Hadoop as the foundation for enterprise data management environments that delivers information and insights to business ...
Building effective analytical models is a key facet of big data analytics applications -- though doing so is easier said than done.
This e-book ...
Predictive analytics employs statistical or machine-learning models to discover patterns and relationships in data, thereby enabling the prediction ...