In many companies, big data technologies have moved to the top of the business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing agenda. But tools such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases are new to many IT managers, and dealing with the unstructured and semi-structured data that those technologies are designed to store is also uncharted waters for lots of organizations. This e-book will provide insight and advice on using big data to generate business value and competitive advantages, with chapters on big data analytics, big data management, data integration issues, and deploying and managing Hadoop systems.
Chapters Available For Free Access
Organizations increasingly collect Web server logs, social media data, information from sensors and other forms of unstructured data -- and then ...
Big data environments bring a mix of new technologies into organizations, including Hadoop, MapReduce, NoSQL databases and associated tools. And ...
In this chapter of our e-book on managing and using pools of big data, readers will benefit from expert tips on integrating data in Hadoop systems ...
Technological buzz, like that surrounding Hadoop, can easily blur the lines between software benefits and drawbacks. Hadoop clusters make it easier ...
Tips and Tutorials
- Big data analytics applications pull business value from info vaults
- Hadoop 2 puts big data environment on friendlier analytics turf
- Tweet jam offers tips on finding big data skills, managing projects
- Social media monitoring tools: What they can and can't do
- Retailers are mining big data to help stop employee theft
- Big data definitions fail to describe challenges of large data sets
- MIT panelists: Big data calls for data-driven decision-making skills
- Marketing and advertising remain sweet spots for big data technology
- Enterprise Data World reveals nine principles of analytics rock stars
- Big data analytics firm offers insights into the U.S. Latino consumer
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Big data management and analytics programs can provide competitive advantages and help drive increased revenue, but getting started on them -- and ...
Big data projects are becoming more common as companies seeking a competitive edge look to take advantage of an increasing variety of information ...
As organizations recognize the benefits of providing their employees with access to real-time data, operational analytics is gaining acceptance in ...