The SAP Predictive Analytics suite bundles two products into one: Automated Analytics and Expert Analytics. Automated Analytics, previously known as InfiniteInsight, was developed by KXEN and acquired by SAP in 2013. SAP Expert Analytics was previously known as SAP Predictive Analysis.
As of release 2.1 of the SAP Predictive Analytics suite, Automated Analytics is bundled with SAP Expert Analytics in a single desktop installation. The combination of these feature sets provides organizations with end-to-end predictive data analytics software that helps improve the workflow of their data scientists and business analysts.
Features of Automated Analytics
Automated Analytics provides automated data preparation, predictive modeling and a scoring solution for business users who don't have a formal background in data science or data analytics. The tool enables users to implement advanced analytics models that include classification, regression, segmentation, time series and social network analysis and product recommendation. Automated Analytics provides support for all phases of the predictive analytics lifecycle, including data preparation and auto modeling. The tool is designed to work within an organization's existing infrastructure, reducing the need for new hardware or software.
Product highlights include:
- Faster time to develop and deploy models. Models are designed to be implemented in minutes or hours, as opposed to days with traditional tools.
- The ability to create predictive models that can support data having thousands of input attributes.
- Automated processes for data preparation, modeling and deployment tasks. Automated processes increase quality by removing errors often introduced through manual procedures, while also reducing the number steps of the traditional approach.
Features of SAP Expert Analytics
Expert Analytics has historically been targeted to professional data analysts and data scientists, enabling them to analyze and visualize their data through powerful predictive algorithms, use the R statistical language and implement in-memory data mining capabilities.
Expert Analytics enables users to do the following:
- Perform data analyses, including time series forecasting, outlier detection, trend analysis, classification analysis, segmentation analysis and affinity analysis.
- Create visualizations and analyze data through the use of scatter matrix charts, parallel coordinates, cluster charts and decision trees.
- Use the R open source language for statistical analysis.
- Perform in-memory data mining for large-volume data analysis.
The combination of Automated Analytics and Expert Analytics provides customers with tools for line-of-business users as well as more professional data analysts for the entire analytics lifecycle. That includes support for data preparation, a variety of data modeling and analysis approaches, and data visualization. Advanced capabilities also provide support for the use of R, as well as for the integration with SAP's HANA platform and its Predictive Analytic Libraries, and with data connectors to Hadoop and other third-party products.
SAP Predictive Analytics Desktop operates on Windows, while the server installation is available for both Windows and Unix. SAP Predictive Analytics can be purchased directly from SAP or a partner. Contact SAP for pricing and support information.
SAP offers a free 30-day trial of a fully functional copy of Predictive Analytics.
Do your predictive analytics projects need a business reality check?
Why building predictive models might seem like a glamorous job