Most companies grasp the potential value of successful business intelligence (BI) applications. However, a common...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
challenge that IT professionals encounter is how to create successful BI applications that are adopted by users and make a positive impact on the organization -- and on the bottom line. It can be difficult to structure effective BI project teams, develop the right BI applications, manage business-IT communications and measure BI success.
So, SearchDataManagement.com spoke with Cindi Howson, author of Successful business intelligence: Secrets to making BI a killer app. We learned her secrets to building successful business intelligence applications, and heard her insight into organizing and optimizing BI programs.
This 15-minute podcast is appropriate for business and IT professionals in any stage of a BI program. Listeners will:
- Learn the value of making BI a "killer app" and find out how the right BI applications can transform organizations
- Get three "secrets" that help businesses overcome common BI challenges
- Hear tips and best practices for planning, developing and optimizing BI applications
- Find out qualitative and quantitative ways to measure BI success
- Learn how recent vendor acquisition plans, such as Oracle/Hyperion, SAP/Business Objects and IBM/Cognos, may affect the BI industry
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Cindi Howson is the founder of BIScorecard, a Web site for in-depth product reviews. She has 15 years of business intelligence and management reporting experience and is the author of Successful Business Intelligence: Secrets to Making BI a Killer App and Business Objects XI: The Complete Reference. Prior to founding BIScorecard, Howson was a manager at Deloitte & Touche and a was BI standards leader for a Fortune 500 company. She is a faculty member for The Data Warehousing Institute, writes for Intelligent Enterprise, and advises clients on BI strategy and tool selections.
For more about business intelligence applications:
Get total business intelligence covereage in the business intelligence tutorial