Most companies grasp the potential value of successful business intelligence (BI) applications. However, a common challenge that IT professionals encounter is how to create successful BI applications that are adopted by users and make a positive impact on the organization -- and on the bottom line. It can be difficult to structure effective BI project teams, develop the right BI applications, manage business-IT communications and measure...
So, SearchDataManagement.com spoke with Cindi Howson, author of Successful business intelligence: Secrets to making BI a killer app. We learned her secrets to building successful business intelligence applications, and heard her insight into organizing and optimizing BI programs.
This 15-minute podcast is appropriate for business and IT professionals in any stage of a BI program. Listeners will:
- Learn the value of making BI a "killer app" and find out how the right BI applications can transform organizations
- Get three "secrets" that help businesses overcome common BI challenges
- Hear tips and best practices for planning, developing and optimizing BI applications
- Find out qualitative and quantitative ways to measure BI success
- Learn how recent vendor acquisition plans, such as Oracle/Hyperion, SAP/Business Objects and IBM/Cognos, may affect the BI industry
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Cindi Howson is the founder of BIScorecard, a Web site for in-depth product reviews. She has 15 years of business intelligence and management reporting experience and is the author of Successful Business Intelligence: Secrets to Making BI a Killer App and Business Objects XI: The Complete Reference. Prior to founding BIScorecard, Howson was a manager at Deloitte & Touche and a was BI standards leader for a Fortune 500 company. She is a faculty member for The Data Warehousing Institute, writes for Intelligent Enterprise, and advises clients on BI strategy and tool selections.
For more about business intelligence applications:
Get total business intelligence covereage in the business intelligence tutorial
Dig deeper on Business intelligence best practices