Building a career in business intelligence (BI) involves time, thought and money. Whether you're a professional...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
seeking to enter the BI industry for the first time or a BI veteran hoping to enhance your resume, there are a lot of factors to consider before taking the first, or next, step. Are you interested in analytics and design or leadership and management? What kinds of skills should you develop? Is a BI certification really going to put you a cut above the employee with more experience?
To learn more about BI jobs and certification, SearchDataManagement.com spoke with Jennifer Hay, Certification Program Manager for The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI). In this 17-minute podcast, valuable for the BI novice or expert, Hay delivers clear advice on how to actualize and personalize a BI career. Listeners will:
- Get insight into current trends in the BI job market -- and find out about in-demand skills.
- Find out what kinds of BI skills experts recommend developing and how these skills can help you reach your career goals.
- Get more information about the Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) certification -- and learn whether certification is worth it.
- Find out how to understand and navigate inconsistencies between BI job titles and job descriptions.
- Learn about TDWI's classification of the five areas of BI -- and how it can help your BI career.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Jennifer Hay, Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), is the Certification Program Manager for The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI). Throughout a career of over 15 years, Jennifer has worked in a variety of business and technical roles, including data warehousing, business intelligence, Web design, teaching, customer service and management. She is also a regular seminar instructor at TDWI's annual conferences. Today, her focus is on helping professionals develop a business intelligence career plan.
For more on business intelligence jobs and certifications:
- Read a transcript of this podcast in the Business intelligence jobs and certification FAQ tutorial.
- Learn how to navigate the data management job market in "Data management jobs are out there, but many don't know it."
- Find out where to look for business intelligence jobs in an expert response to the question "Business intelligence jobs: Where are they?"
Email SearchDataManagement.com's site editor with more comments, suggestions or thoughts about business intelligence jobs or any data management topic.
Dig Deeper on Business intelligence best practices