As business intelligence (BI) evolves, many trends emerge, including convergence of business intelligence and corporate performance management (CPM), integrated BI and search, mobile BI, in-memory analytics, on-demand BI and many more.
But, which are the most important business intelligence trends for organizations to pay attention to right now? And, how should companies incorporate this information into business intelligence strategies?
SearchDataManagement spoke with Bill Hostmann, research vice president with Gartner Inc., a Stamford, Conn.-based analyst firm. In this eight-minute podcast, appropriate for business or IT leaders, Hostmann offers insight on today's BI market.
- Learn the three most important business intelligence trends
- Find out how metadata and data governance are related to BI
- Hear how BI and business processes are related
- Get advice for how to develop or update your BI strategy
Bill Hostmann is a research vice president with Gartner. He's been at Gartner for five years and in the IT industry for 15 years.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Bill Hostmann, an analyst with Gartner, discusses the most important business intelligence trends -- and what to do about them -- in this podcast.
- Learn more about business intelligence trends in our All-In-One-Guide for BI.
This learning guide introduces business leaders to the fundamentals of business intelligence (BI), a key technology to enable the "agile enterprise."
- Read our coverage of Bill Hostmann's Gartner BI Summit keynote.
The opening keynote at the 2007 Gartner Business Intelligence Summit outlined major shifts in the BI industry -- along with advice for those trying to keep pace.
- Check out Gartner's 2007 Magic Quadrant for business intelligence platforms.
Though the usual suspects continued to dominate the 2007 Gartner Magic Quadrant for business intelligence platforms, technological changes may soon diminish their advantage.
- Ask your own questions about business intelligence trends, or other data management topics.
Pose questions to SearchDataManagement.com experts via our "Ask the Experts" section.