This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
4. - Multimedia content on mobile business intelligence software: Read more in this section
- William McKnight: Key steps to deploying effective mobile BI systems
- Claudia Imhoff on how to build collaborative programs with mobile BI
- Big data analytics, mobile BI help trucking company optimize operations
- Mobile, self-service and collaborative BI video series
- Podcast: Mobile BI survey results from analyst Howard Dresner
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - Corporate mobile business intelligence trends
- 2. - High profile companies implementing mobile BI
- 3. - Best-practices advice for implementing a mobile BI strategy
Mobile business intelligence (BI) is a hot topic in the IT press, but what do IT directors, BI managers and BI end users think about the technology?
That’s what Howard Dresner, president and founder of Dresner Advisory Services and a former Gartner analyst, set out to discover in his latest survey. In this podcast with SearchBusinessAnalytics.com news editor Jeff Kelly, Dresner reveals some of the survey’s findings, including the perceived benefits and drawbacks of mobile BI applications.
In this 12-minute podcast, IT and business professionals will:
- Find out what is driving the hype around mobile BI. (0:40)
- Get results of Dresner’s survey revealing mobile BI interest and adoption rates. (1:45)
- Learn the perceived benefits of mobile BI and how early adopters are using mobile BI in the real world. (2:45)
- Discover what’s limiting the adoption of mobile BI applications. (5:10).
- Learn how the evolution of mobile device platforms is likely to affect mobile BI. (11:15)
- Get Dresner’s advice to companies considering deploying mobile BI applications. (9:05)
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Visit mobile-bi-study.com to sign up for an upcoming live webinar with Dresner. All attendees will receive a copy of the complete mobile BI survey results, according to Dresner.
Learn more on business intelligence software:
- Get a crash course in complex event processing (CEP) software in this podcast
- Learn how automation can improve BI performance in this podcast with Baseline Consulting’s Evan Levy
- Learn how a SaaS BI suite helped one company overcome Salesforce.com’s reporting limitations
- Find out whether there really is a user-friendly ad hoc query tool
- Learn what the future holds for BI tools from Forrester Research’s Boris Evelson in this video