A sound, sustainable data integration strategy is required for most business intelligence (BI) initiatives, since effective enterprise-wide BI analyzes information from many different source systems. But data integration for BI initiatives certainly isn't a one-time project. It's a set of ongoing processes that must work consistently and successfully every time, because errors can lead to flawed analysis, distrust in the system or worse, inaccurate corporate reporting.
In this podcast with William McKnight, partner, information management at Lucidity Consulting Group about developing a sustainable BI-data integration strategy, listeners will:
- Find out the unique data integration considerations for BI systems -- and learn why designing a BI-data integration strategy is different than some other data integration projects
- Get more information about emerging real-time data integration methods, as well as other new tools and best practices that can support your efforts
- Learn the most common mistakes organizations have made when designing BI-data integration strategies -- and find out how to avoid these common traps
- Hear expert advice for designing BI-data integration strategies that are flexible, adaptable and sustainable for the long-haul
- And more...
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: William McKnight is partner, information management at Lucidity Consulting Group. He functions as strategist, lead enterprise information architect and program manager for complex, high-volume, full-life-cycle implementations worldwide -- utilizing the disciplines of data warehousing, master data management (MDM), business intelligence (BI), data quality and operational BI. McKnight has authored more than 150 articles and white papers and given over 150 international keynotes and public seminars. He is a former IT VP of a Fortune 50 company, a former engineer of DB2 at IBM and holds an MBA.
This was first published in July 2008