As business intelligence (BI) becomes a more and more critical part of everyday business operations, ensuring that the data in BI systems is as up-to-date as possible can be a daunting task for BI and IT managers. Various technologies that can improve BI performance and help automate BI processes have become available. In this 19-minute podcast, Evan Levy of Baseline Consulting provides an expert’s take on the aspects of BI development that lend themselves to automation and the potential benefits of BI automation, along with advice on how to get started and roadblocks to watch out for.
Listeners will get:
- An overview of the potential value of BI automation and the reasons why organizations should consider automating some of their BI processes (00:58)
- A discussion of good starting points for BI automation, including guidance on what BI processes are most appropriate for automation (3:15)
- A head’s-up on the potential roadblocks that companies adopting BI automation technologies could run into (13:56)
- Tips on how to get started on automating BI processes if you’ve decided that automation is right for you (17:15)
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on business intelligence management:
Learn how metadata-generated BI applications allow developers to make quick changes to meet changing analytics needs
Watch a video on the BI portfolio approach to business intelligence strategies and find out how your company can take advantage of it
Listen to a podcast on BI project management tips for implementation success
Read a case study about how Florida State used a multi-year BI standardization program to save money and manpower
About the speaker: Evan Levy is a partner and co-founder of Baseline Consulting, a technology and management consulting firm specializing in business analytics, data integration and data governance. Levy is actively involved in guiding high-profile systems integration projects for Baseline clients such as Charles Schwab, Verizon, the State of Michigan and CheckFree. Considered an industry leader on the topic of data integration and management, he also advises IT vendors and venture capital firms on product strategies and emerging technology trends. Levy is a faculty member of The Data Warehousing Institute, a frequent speaker at industry events and a contributor to several leading IT publications and Web portals. In addition, he writes the Inside IT blog on Baseline's website and is co-author of the book Customer Data Integration: Reaching a Single Version of the Truth, which was the first book published on the topic of master data management.
This was first published in June 2010