In this podcast, listeners will hear a vendor-neutral executive overview of in-database analytics technology from...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
independent expert Rick Sherman, founder of Athena IT Solutions. Find out how the technology works -- and how companies are leveraging it for improved operational efficiency and other business benefits. Get advice on how to calculate ROI for the technology, and hear Sherman's advice on how to build a business case for in-database analytics at your organization. This podcast will help both business and IT professionals get up to speed quickly on a technology that's changing the way many companies approach analytics.
In this eight-minute podcast, listeners will learn:
- What in-database analytics is and how it works (0:37)
- How companies use in-database analytics (2:10)
- Real-life examples of how to leverage in-database analytics and the business problems it can solve (3:10)
- Whether in-database analytics is meant to replace or augment existing technology (3:58)
- How to make a business case for in-database analytics (5:05)
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Related resources on BI and in-database analytics:
- Read MDM expert William McKnight's advice about business intelligence and analytics or ask William a question yourself
- Find out what MapReduce and in-database analytics technology mean for data warehouses
- Making the business case for a BI consolidation project
- Business intelligence in healthcare: Special report
About the speaker: Rick Sherman has more than 20 years of business intelligence and data warehousing experience, having worked on dozens of implementations as a director/practice leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers and while managing his own firm. He is the founder of Athena IT Solutions, a Stow, Mass.-based consulting firm providing DW and BI consulting, training and vendor services. Rick blogs on performance management, DW and BI at The Data Doghouse. In addition to teaching at industry conferences, Sherman offers on-site data warehousing & BI training, which can be customized for individual clients. He also teaches public courses in the Boston area and data warehousing at Northeastern University's Graduate School of Engineering.