Business intelligence (BI) continues to evolve, and some forward-thinking companies today are capitalizing on the...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
benefits of a new generation of BI tools. These tools are more automated, more pervasive and can allow for more unified business intelligence efforts.
To find out more about how organizations can take the next steps with their business intelligence initiatives, SearchDataManagement.com turned to Boris Evelson of Forrester Research. In this video, Boris will reveal some of the most important emerging trends in BI today and how organizations should start planning today to take advantage of next-generation BI.
In this video, viewers will learn:
- What really differentiates next-generation business intelligence tools from the previous generation of BI tools.
- What's driving the demand for these kinds of "next-gen" BI capabilities?
- The most important trends in the next generation of business intelligence technologies and how it will change how organizations use BI.
- Key concepts in next-generation business intelligence as defined by Forrester Research – and how companies can take advantage of them.
|Next steps for business intelligence|
|Related sources on BI tools and planning|
- Read advice from BI and analytics expert William McKnight about BI tools and strategies or ask William a question yourself
- Read about BI tools and initiatives in three major vertical industries -- healthcare, retail and financial services
- Learn why culture counts as much as technology for BI success
|About the speaker|
Boris Evelson is a principal analyst for Forrester Research and serves business process & applications professionals. He is a leading expert in business intelligence (BI) — a set of processes, methodologies, and technologies used to transform raw data into meaningful, useful, and action-oriented enterprise information. Boris delivers strategic guidance, helping enterprises define BI strategies, governance, and architectures and identify vendors and technologies that help them put information to use in business processes and end user experiences.
Boris has more than 25 years of experience with enterprise software and applications implementation, management consulting, and strategic advisory skills. Most recently, Boris was a managing partner at Textra, a boutique strategic advisory firm serving all IT constituents: users, vendors, and investors. Boris cofounded Textra after spending several years as a VP and a strategic technology advisor at JPMorgan/LabMorgan, where he led many successful internal BI initiatives, advising the bank's large enterprise software clients on enterprise adoption issues and product and marketing strategies.
|About Forrester Research, Inc.|
Forrester Research, Inc. is an independent research company that provides pragmatic and forward-thinking advice to global leaders in business and technology. Forrester works with professionals in 20 key roles at major companies providing proprietary research, customer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs. For more than 26 years, Forrester has been making IT, marketing, and technology industry leaders successful every day. For more information, visit www.forrester.com.
What to learn more about Forrester's BI research? Visit Forrester.com/bivideo to download a complimentary research report, "The Business Case For BI: Now More Critical Than Ever" (free registration required).