What are five key BI business requirements we should get before searching for a business intelligence platform...
These questions related to BI business requirements would be a good place to start with corporate executives and other end users:
1. What is lacking in the way you currently do reporting and analytics?
2. What is your optimal process for data governance and master data management and for gaining consensus on data definitions?
3. What are your criteria for choosing and implementing a business intelligence solution?
4. What capabilities do you need to support your information and data analysis requirements?
5. What data sources do you need information from in order to run and measure your business?
Dig Deeper on Business intelligence best practices
Related Q&A from Brian Jordan
Expert Brian Jordan discusses three common mistakes that BI teams make when training business users and offers advice on how to avoid them. Continue Reading
Learn about some business intelligence trends that are affecting the BI market and BI industry. Learn about packaged analytics software and agile BI. Continue Reading
Why is pervasive BI such a big deal? Read what one expert says and learn why pervasive business intelligence is important for the future of companies. Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.