In part one of our conversation with Wayne W. Eckerson, director of research and services for TDWI, Eckerson discussed just why so many enterprises – nearly half of all enterprises, according to one recent survey – use multiple business intelligence (BI) tools throughout the organization.
In the second half of our chat, Eckerson tackles some of the people and processes challenges of BI standardization, and explains why actually getting the ball rolling on a BI consolidation project "is not an easy issue."
In this 6-minute podcast, part two of two, appropriate for both business and IT professionals, listeners will:
- Learn which areas of BI are ripe for consolidation and which are not (1:25).
- Learn how to deal with the political issues of BI consolidation, including handling power users (2:45).
- Find out how to decide what BI tools to consolidate on and tips for getting the process started (5:15).
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
About the speaker: Wayne W. Eckerson is director of research and services for TDWI. He has 17 years of experience in the IT industry and has covered data warehousing and BI issues since 1995. Eckerson is the author of many in-depth reports, a columnist for several business and technology magazines, and a noted speaker and consultant in the BI industry. His book, titled Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business, was published by John Wiley & Sons in October 2005.
For more business intelligence software news and advice: